United World College Society for Bangladesh invites applicants for admission into the following UWCs for a two-year International Baccalaureate (IB) course for the academic year. The IB Diploma is one of the most well-regarded and widely known secondary school qualifications in the world and is recognized by the world’s leading universities.
Students fulfilling the eligibility criteria are requested to apply by submitting their application package no later than 30 November 2022.
To be eligible to apply you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Bangladeshi citizen
- Having completed or in the process of completing Class 10 / IGCSE / O level / SSC equivalent academic program
- Be 16 and under 18 years of age on 1st August in the year of entry to college (2023)
* Please note scholarships will be given based on the financial needs of the student. DO NOT apply for a scholarship if your child does not need funding.
** Costs for Project Weeks, pocket money, travel, and other extra expenses are not included and must be budgeted for separately.
Offers for the Session IB DP 2023-2025:
|Sl.||School/College||Offer||Need-based Financial Assistance||Currency used by school/college||This is the minimum contribution (in school/college currency) needed from the NC or the applicant in two years:||This is the minimum contribution (in school/college currency) needed from the NC or the applicant per annum in USD:||Is this place for a female candidate, a male candidate or either?|
|1||UWC Atlantic||Unfunded (Place Only)||None||GBP||74000||44030|
|2||UWC Atlantic||Unfunded (Place Only)||None||GBP||74000||44030|
|3||UWC Atlantic||Unfunded (Place Only)||None||GBP||74000||44030|
|4||UWC Atlantic||Unfunded (Place Only)||None||GBP||74000||44030|
|5||UWC Dilijan||Unfunded (Place Only)||None||USD||80000||40000||Male|
|6||UWC Dilijan||Unfunded (Place Only)||None||USD||80000||Male|
|7||UWC Dilijan||Unfunded (Place Only)||None||USD||80000||40000||Either|
|8||UWC Dilijan||Unfunded (Place Only)||None||USD||80000||40000||Either|
|9||UWC Dilijan||Up to Fully Funded (Needs-Based)||100%||USD||0||0||Either|
|10||Li Po Chun United World College of Hong Kong||Unfunded (Place Only)||None||HKD||734000||46976|
|11||UWC Mahindra College||Partially Funded (Needs-Based)||50%||USD||35175||17587.5||Either|
|12||UWC Mahindra College||Partially Funded (Needs-Based)||50%||USD||35175||17587.5||Either|
|13||UWC Mahindra College||Unfunded (Place Only)||None||USD||70350||35175||Either|
|14||UWC Mahindra College||Unfunded (Place Only)||None||USD||70350||35175||Either|
|15||UWC Mostar||Unfunded (Place Only)||None||EUR||36800||19136||Either|
|16||UWC Mostar||Unfunded (Place Only)||None||EUR||36800||19136||Male|
|17||Pearson College UWC||Unfunded (Place Only)||None||CAD||137300||51798||Either|
|18||UWC Thailand||Unfunded (Place Only)||None||THB||3255000||45677||Either|
|19||UWC Thailand||Partially Funded (Needs-Based)||48%||THB||1705000||23926||Either|
|20||Waterford Kamhlaba UWC of Southern Africa||Unfunded (Place Only)||None||EUR||48000||24960||Either|
|21||Waterford Kamhlaba UWC of Southern Africa||Unfunded (Place Only)||None||EUR||48000||24960||Either|
How to Apply
You have to download the forms and follow the steps given below.
Please follow the steps to successfully submit the application.
You will have to email us the soft copy and submit the hard copy before the deadline.
Download the form. You can submit either in English or in the Bangla version of the forms.
Application Package Download
UWC Application Form 2023-2025 (ENGLISH): Click here to download
UWC Financial Assessment Form 2023-2025 (ENGLISH): Click here to download
Along With The Application, This Pledge MUST Be Signed & Submitted
UWC BD NC Pledge For Full Fee Paying Students: Click here to download
Fill out the form and attach the necessary documents with it. The documents the application package must have are:
- Completed application form (word document), typed/handwritten
- Scanned copy of completed signed financial assessment form along with two supporting documents
- Scanned copy of completed and signed Guardian’s Information and Consent Form A
- Scanned copy of completed and signed School Principal/Class Teacher Reference Form B
- Scanned copy of completed and signed General Reference Form C
- Scanned copies of your most recent official transcripts for the last 3 grades/classes (e.g. classes 8, 9, and 10)
- Scanned copy of your passport/ birth certificate as proof of your Bangladeshi nationality
- 4 Copies of your passport size photo for the hard copy of the application and 1 copy of the photo in the soft copy of the application
- 1 copy of Visiting Card of each of the parents (if applicable)
- Scanned copy of completed and signed UWC BD NC Pledge if applicable
- Scanned copy of complete Medical Report or Health Certificate (e.g. individual’s physical and mental medical history, a record of immunizations, written record of any medication an individual uses on a regular basis, etc.)
- Covid 19 Vaccination Card
- Deposit Slip of the application fee. For more information take a look at Step 3.
You are requested to deposit BDT 2,500 (Two thousand and five hundred Taka) at the below-given account for covering processing expenses and to submit both the soft-copy and hard copy DEPOSIT SLIP along with the application form. Kindly write the name of the applicant with the parent’s name and phone number at the back of the deposit slip and then submit it.
Name of Bank : The City Bank Limited
Name of Account : UNITED WORLD COLLEGE SOCIETY FOR BANGLADESH
Account Number : 1421955561001
Name of Branch : Banani Branch
Swift Code : CIBLBDDH
Routing Number : 225260438
Submit the application package in hard and soft copy. Hard-copy to:
C/O Mr Raquib Mohammad Fakhrul (Rocky)
President, UWC Bangladesh
57 & 57/A, Uday Tower, (6th Floor) Gulshan 1, Gulshan Avenue, Dhaka-1212
We will acknowledge you via email or phone call after we have received your application package and bank draft. You will be required to submit the original documents if you are shortlisted for an interview. For further inquiries contact:
Admin and Alumni Engagement Officer
Students fulfilling the above criteria are requested to apply by
submitting their application package no later than 30 November 2022.